RECIPE: Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
This recipe is a snap to put together and so comforting on those cool fall nights! We love to serve this hearty soup with a nice slice of crusty bread.
4 cups of potatoes, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup of chopped onions
4 cups of chicken broth
1/2 Tbsp. of salt
1/2 Tbsp. of pepper
4 Tbsp. of butter
1/4 cup of flour
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1/4 cup of sour cream
- Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Set it to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- After the 6 hours/4 hours of cooking time, in a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream, and sour cream. Cook and whisk until thickened.
- Pour the thickened mixture into the slow cooker. Stir, cover, and set the slow cooker to low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, bacon, and chopped scallions. Enjoy!