RECIPE: Perfectly Roasted Chicken
Whole chicken, extra bits (giblets, etc.) removed
- Generously rub the chicken with a mixture of softened butter and olive oil.
- Season the bird (on the outside and inside of the skin, where feasible) with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and quartered onions to the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the bird in a roasting pan that has an inch of water or chicken broth in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 1.5-2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird (taken in the thigh) registers 165 degrees or more.